Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing a PDF with a "Name" and "timestamP"?

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached image.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
rob2218
Enthusiast
for those that can't see the image with explanation.
Is there any way to add/modify the name of the published parameters to include "todays" timestamp when creating these PDF publisher sets?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
DGSketcher
Legend
Rob, see if this thread helps...

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72922&p=326069&hilit=YYYY#p326069

It a different approach to what you are thinking, but seems to be one that a few of us are adopting for a similar problem.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Podolsky
Ace
Let me expand how to do it - step by step.
You cannot change assign the autotext to the name of PDF file - how you re showing on your screenshot (i.e. while saving all publisher set as one PDF file). Instead of using "save as single file" you need to choose to save as a flat file structure.
Then in Publisher you need to copy all needed drawings as one linked folder. It is important to have linked folder and not to create simple folder in Publisher set, because otherwise this feature will not work.
Let say I want to include everything in my project, I select the whole Layout Book and copy it in Publisher set. Then I click Merge in one PDF file in the tab "Format". After I can use function "Rename Folders" and writing there autotext: <PROJECTNAME> <SHORTDATE>
You can take a look to GDL manual at page I think 642 for the list of available autotexts and also read what in another threat of the forum.