BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Printing construction grids on layout drawings

Strawbale23
Expert

Hi all

Im trying to set up some drawings that will print as part of a layout book, I would like those drawings to publish with the construction grid lines showing.

I know this is possible if you print directly from the drawing, but Im wondering if its possible to set up a drawing on a layout that will print the grids when published?

Thanks

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you create a Publisher Set that publishes a series of Views to a PDF for example, then you can select the items to be published, and in the Document Settings Dialog you will find the "Display Grid" checkbox, which I  think will achieve the output you are after.

However, if you try to publish a series of Layouts, the same publishing option will not be available. 

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you create a Publisher Set that publishes a series of Views to a PDF for example, then you can select the items to be published, and in the Document Settings Dialog you will find the "Display Grid" checkbox, which I  think will achieve the output you are after.

However, if you try to publish a series of Layouts, the same publishing option will not be available. 

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Yeah, this looks like the work around, thanks. 

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
Learn and get certified!