Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing hell

Paopao
Booster
No matter how I change the settings my pdf are ALWAYS printed on multiple pages (at least 2 if I try to print an A3). How do I overcome this? Here I Am trying to print on an A1 and as you can see it does print the size of an A1 but on a million different A3 and I can't change the page layout somehow! I have changed settings for page setup and still doesn't work. changed settings in layout, in masterlayout, etc....getting desperate here

By the way I am using Archicad 1 on a Mac.

thanks for the help,
Pao
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
First item is that you should not print to PDF but use the Publisher to publish to PDF. Check the manual for more info.

Second Item. Have you set the Paper Size before selecting print? See image.

Third Item. In Mac OS you can use File-> Save As and select PDF for the current layout and it will create the PDF without problems. Difference between using SaveAs and the Publisher is that using Publisher you have more control on what, how and were you can create the PDFs.
Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 3.48.33 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Paopao
Booster
Thanks for your reply Eduardo.
I set the page already and also tried the Save As: this time the drawing is printed in "only" 2 A1 sheets. I guess it's an improvement....

I was not aware of the Publisher function: I will have to look into it with ore effort during the weekend as I don't get it right now.

Thanks for your reply.
P
Anonymous
Not applicable
I regularly just print to PDF, using the publisher only for do full sets. the key to get everything to print on one page is to make sure your master layout margins are ≤ your sheet margins in the page setup. If in doubt, set go to page setup and set the sheet margins to 0
Paopao
Booster
Thanks Scott,
I will check ont hat too.
I have noticed that I can print in one page if I leave the "fit to page" on in the printing window. That way it works ok.

Thanks for your help guys.

PP
Fittopagejpg.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I suggest choosing 'Use Layout Margins' -
not printer margins as shown in the picture.

Printer margins commonly generate mentioned
extra pages.

Hope this helps.