Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing in 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Arch10, Demo(no save,or save-as or teamwork. not Student
(My full version is on it's way from L.A.).
At first I was able to print to my Epson 7500 (with the most recent drv.) but now somehow Archicad 10 created a "(_temporary Archicad10 Publisher) "printer" icon. and set it as the default selection which won't delete!!
A bug or just a mistaken click on my part when looking at the new Publisher
dialog in 10?
Can this be unselected from within Arch10?
And what about the won't delete?
Thanks in advance.
logan
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an idea, but did you try deleting it from within the windows control panel-Printers & fazxes dialogue? That might get you somewhere.. maybe.

HTH,
Daniel

BTW: nice Bauhaus mentality there in your sig
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Daniel

Thanks for the reply.
But yes, Control panel was first place I looked.
Somewhere in this GS Forum I saw reference to this
problem in 9, but there it said it would close that
temp "printer" out upon exiting, (problem solved).

My adult son is a programmer and Network administrator and
said even he had trouble getting _temp Arch10 "Printer" deleted,
(It did not say it was deleting like one below, but it would not delete).
In same control panel (printers/faxes) area a printer(2) icon would say it was "deleting", but would never finish the process, even when shut down and restarted.
This is a new fast machine dedicated to just Archicad with everything set up by my son and no conflicting programs and yet problem may not be archicad 10, just don't know for sure yet.
Be safe out there.
logan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had to comment on how my post got posted.
I have to be cryptic here so the word a.d.u.l.t. as in
resferance to my son does not get censored again.
This seems like dumb programing.
Come on now, the database can be smarter than
that!
Djordje
Ace
That is the PDF driver that Archicad and PlotMaker use when publishing. So it should be on when either are running. Otherwise, you lose publishing to PDF.

It should shut off when you exit either ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje, do you know if there is a location that I can access the defaults for the PDF printer? I have tried changing them when the printer icon appears in my printers folder; however when I restart AC10, the settings revert back to their standards.
Djordje
Ace
chad.lawson wrote:
Djordje, do you know if there is a location that I can access the defaults for the PDF printer? I have tried changing them when the printer icon appears in my printers folder; however when I restart AC10, the settings revert back to their standards.
Set the defaults for Amyuni in the usual fashion, as for any other printer.

The Temporary one is used ONLY for Publisher - and the settings are done in the publishing set, AFAIK.

So, there is IMHO no need to remove it - it should not be there if Archicad or PlotMaker is not running.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any settings pertaining to font embedding when using publisher?
Anonymous
Not applicable
On a similar topic, we are experiencing difficulty printing from release 10.
No problems plotting, but when we send to our HP Inkjet cp 1700 the output emerges incredibly slowly, or in some cases not at all.

Printing from release 9, however, is fine.

Any clues?

Keith

(Apple Macs linked to a Windows server)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Keith wrote:
On a similar topic, we are experiencing difficulty printing from release 10.
No problems plotting, but when we send to our HP Inkjet cp 1700 the output emerges incredibly slowly, or in some cases not at all.

Printing from release 9, however, is fine.

Any clues?

Keith

(Apple Macs linked to a Windows server)
This seems strange since printing should be taken over by the driver and not be application dependent. Try saving to PDF and printing that (or click the preview button before printing - this will print from the application "Preview"). This should indicate whether it is something to do with the print file itself or with AC10.

Is the printer shared by a Mac or Windows machine or is it networked directly?