BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing in 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Arch10, Demo(no save,or save-as or teamwork. not Student
(My full version is on it's way from L.A.).
At first I was able to print to my Epson 7500 (with the most recent drv.) but now somehow Archicad 10 created a "(_temporary Archicad10 Publisher) "printer" icon. and set it as the default selection which won't delete!!
A bug or just a mistaken click on my part when looking at the new Publisher
dialog in 10?
Can this be unselected from within Arch10?
And what about the won't delete?
Thanks in advance.
logan
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Matthew,

I've tried what you suggested. Printing the PDF is equally slow (about 1 line every 40 secs!)

Keith
Anonymous
Not applicable
Keith wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I've tried what you suggested. Printing the PDF is equally slow (about 1 line every 40 secs!)

Keith
This begins to sound quite troubling. Do you have similar problems with other printers or is it just with the 1700?

If you have the full version of Acrobat available you could try opening and re-saving the file (perhaps with "reduce file size" selected).

You haven't indicated how the printer is shared over the network. This might have some effect, though it seems that there must be a problem in how AC10 is saving the print file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,

No we don't have a similar problem with other printers.

The printer is connected to the network through 'Appletalk'.

Thanks - K
piton
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
Keith wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Keith
This begins to sound quite troubling. Do you have similar problems with other printers or is it just with the 1700?

If you have the full version of Acrobat available you could try opening and re-saving the file (perhaps with "reduce file size" selected).

You haven't indicated how the printer is shared over the network. This might have some effect, though it seems that there must be a problem in how AC10 is saving the print file.
I have the same problem. Printing from the floor plan and publishing views is much slower than it was in AC9, with all printers, PDF also. I'd like to print details, one on each story, 100 of them in a file. That takes about 100x1 minutes preparation until 50% printing progress and 100x2 sec printing. Converting back to AC9 it works fast.
I can "publish" a .pdf using Acrobat as default printer but I can not "print" to Acrobat from Layout very well, if at all.

There are problems printing/publishing to .pdf using Acrobat and/or the Amyuni with ArchiCAD 10 from Layout.

There are differences in file size using different methods. Sometimes the files get bloated beyond what my computer can handle so I have to use a different method for making some sheets if they are to full of fills and pictures.

I hope this is worked out by version 10.1 or 11, what ever they are going to call it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

piton
Newcomer
This is fixed in AC10 update 1183.
piton wrote:

I have the same problem. Printing from the floor plan and publishing views is much slower than it was in AC9, with all printers, PDF also. I'd like to print details, one on each story, 100 of them in a file. That takes about 100x1 minutes preparation until 50% printing progress and 100x2 sec printing. Converting back to AC9 it works fast.
Learn and get certified!