cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Document & Visualize forum

Printing in 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Arch10, Demo(no save,or save-as or teamwork. not Student
(My full version is on it's way from L.A.).
At first I was able to print to my Epson 7500 (with the most recent drv.) but now somehow Archicad 10 created a "(_temporary Archicad10 Publisher) "printer" icon. and set it as the default selection which won't delete!!
A bug or just a mistaken click on my part when looking at the new Publisher
dialog in 10?
Can this be unselected from within Arch10?
And what about the won't delete?
Thanks in advance.
logan
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an idea, but did you try deleting it from within the windows control panel-Printers & fazxes dialogue? That might get you somewhere.. maybe.

HTH,
Daniel

BTW: nice Bauhaus mentality there in your sig

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Daniel

Thanks for the reply.
But yes, Control panel was first place I looked.
Somewhere in this GS Forum I saw reference to this
problem in 9, but there it said it would close that
temp "printer" out upon exiting, (problem solved).

My adult son is a programmer and Network administrator and
said even he had trouble getting _temp Arch10 "Printer" deleted,
(It did not say it was deleting like one below, but it would not delete).
In same control panel (printers/faxes) area a printer(2) icon would say it was "deleting", but would never finish the process, even when shut down and restarted.
This is a new fast machine dedicated to just Archicad with everything set up by my son and no conflicting programs and yet problem may not be archicad 10, just don't know for sure yet.
Be safe out there.
logan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had to comment on how my post got posted.
I have to be cryptic here so the word a.d.u.l.t. as in
resferance to my son does not get censored again.
This seems like dumb programing.
Come on now, the database can be smarter than
that!

Djordje
Mentor
That is the PDF driver that Archicad and PlotMaker use when publishing. So it should be on when either are running. Otherwise, you lose publishing to PDF.

It should shut off when you exit either ...
Djordje



ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje, do you know if there is a location that I can access the defaults for the PDF printer? I have tried changing them when the printer icon appears in my printers folder; however when I restart AC10, the settings revert back to their standards.

Djordje
Mentor
chad.lawson wrote:
Djordje, do you know if there is a location that I can access the defaults for the PDF printer? I have tried changing them when the printer icon appears in my printers folder; however when I restart AC10, the settings revert back to their standards.
Set the defaults for Amyuni in the usual fashion, as for any other printer.

The Temporary one is used ONLY for Publisher - and the settings are done in the publishing set, AFAIK.

So, there is IMHO no need to remove it - it should not be there if Archicad or PlotMaker is not running.
Djordje



ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any settings pertaining to font embedding when using publisher?

Anonymous
Not applicable
On a similar topic, we are experiencing difficulty printing from release 10.
No problems plotting, but when we send to our HP Inkjet cp 1700 the output emerges incredibly slowly, or in some cases not at all.

Printing from release 9, however, is fine.

Any clues?

Keith

(Apple Macs linked to a Windows server)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keith wrote:
On a similar topic, we are experiencing difficulty printing from release 10.
No problems plotting, but when we send to our HP Inkjet cp 1700 the output emerges incredibly slowly, or in some cases not at all.

Printing from release 9, however, is fine.

Any clues?

Keith

(Apple Macs linked to a Windows server)
This seems strange since printing should be taken over by the driver and not be application dependent. Try saving to PDF and printing that (or click the preview button before printing - this will print from the application "Preview"). This should indicate whether it is something to do with the print file itself or with AC10.

Is the printer shared by a Mac or Windows machine or is it networked directly?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Matthew,

I've tried what you suggested. Printing the PDF is equally slow (about 1 line every 40 secs!)

Keith

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keith wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I've tried what you suggested. Printing the PDF is equally slow (about 1 line every 40 secs!)

Keith
This begins to sound quite troubling. Do you have similar problems with other printers or is it just with the 1700?

If you have the full version of Acrobat available you could try opening and re-saving the file (perhaps with "reduce file size" selected).

You haven't indicated how the printer is shared over the network. This might have some effect, though it seems that there must be a problem in how AC10 is saving the print file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,

No we don't have a similar problem with other printers.

The printer is connected to the network through 'Appletalk'.

Thanks - K

piton
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
Keith wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I've tried what you suggested. Printing the PDF is equally slow (about 1 line every 40 secs!)

Keith
This begins to sound quite troubling. Do you have similar problems with other printers or is it just with the 1700?

If you have the full version of Acrobat available you could try opening and re-saving the file (perhaps with "reduce file size" selected).

You haven't indicated how the printer is shared over the network. This might have some effect, though it seems that there must be a problem in how AC10 is saving the print file.
I have the same problem. Printing from the floor plan and publishing views is much slower than it was in AC9, with all printers, PDF also. I'd like to print details, one on each story, 100 of them in a file. That takes about 100x1 minutes preparation until 50% printing progress and 100x2 sec printing. Converting back to AC9 it works fast.

Steve Jepson
Advisor
I can "publish" a .pdf using Acrobat as default printer but I can not "print" to Acrobat from Layout very well, if at all.

There are problems printing/publishing to .pdf using Acrobat and/or the Amyuni with ArchiCAD 10 from Layout.

There are differences in file size using different methods. Sometimes the files get bloated beyond what my computer can handle so I have to use a different method for making some sheets if they are to full of fills and pictures.

I hope this is worked out by version 10.1 or 11, what ever they are going to call it.

ArchiCAD 25 5010 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro

piton
Newcomer
This is fixed in AC10 update 1183.
piton wrote:

I have the same problem. Printing from the floor plan and publishing views is much slower than it was in AC9, with all printers, PDF also. I'd like to print details, one on each story, 100 of them in a file. That takes about 100x1 minutes preparation until 50% printing progress and 100x2 sec printing. Converting back to AC9 it works fast.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!