Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Problem saving a plotmaker layout

Haneef Tayob
Booster
Would really appreciate some urgent help.
I've spent some time today editing a plotmaker layout book. Now I want to save the work and I get a warning : [not enough memory to open the document].

I've tried saving as another file as well as tried opening another plotmaker file and then copying some layouts to the new layout book without any luck.

I can still work on and print the layouts, but cannot do any saving. I want to avoid rebooting and loosing any new work.':('

It's the first time I'm experiencing such a problem. I've also just updated to release 2172 Int Full version of Plotmaker 9 this week.

regards
Haneef
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have this problem from time to time in PlotMaker 3.1. Never found a solution or work around. Always had to close PlotMaker without saving. The only suggestion that worked for me was to manually save often once back in that particular file.

Cheers,
Matt
Erika Epstein
Booster
There is a problem with one or more of your drawings. This has come up before; you might search the archives I'm guessing about 6 months ago.

The only way to find which drawing(s) is causing the problem is to recreate the layout book and saving after each drawing. Tedious, but hopefully this will isolate the problem.

ARE you getting any error messages in ArchiCAD? This could clue you in to where the problem may stem from. Archicad can be forgiving and continue without crashing but by the time the info is saved out for plotmaker, a known memory hog, it may be too much. There may be something such as an inverted fill or slab that is problematic.

Another 'problem' originator could be an SEO.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"