BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Problem when inserting view in layout

Erick Thomas
Contributor
Hi there,

When I insert a view in a layout (either by "drag & drop" or by "placing drawing") it creates many layouts at the same time. This can be solved by changing the frame behavior from "manually resized frame" to "fit frame to drawing".
My question then is: how can insert a view in a layout directly with the "fit frame to drawing" option activated?

Regards,
Erick Thomas

AC 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Try setting the default settings of your drawing tool to 'Fit Frame to Drawing'.
The any new drawing you create will have that default setting.

The 'split drawing among multiple pages' is only applicable for drawings created from schedule or indexes so if you need to reset that you will have to find a drawing from a schedule or index, select it, turn the setting off and then ALT-click the frame to adopt as the default settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
Try setting the default settings of your drawing tool to 'Fit Frame to Drawing'.
The any new drawing you create will have that default setting.

The 'split drawing among multiple pages' is only applicable for drawings created from schedule or indexes so if you need to reset that you will have to find a drawing from a schedule or index, select it, turn the setting off and then ALT-click the frame to adopt as the default settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erick Thomas
Contributor
Thanks a lot Barry, that was easy!
Erick Thomas

AC 25
Learn and get certified!