Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Profile- materials and fills

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have created a foundation profile with different materials. Those materials have fills associated with them that I would like to display correctly in elevations & sections.
However it appears that the fills are associated with the point of origin of the overall profile assembly rather than each separate material. As a result, the fills do not show up correlated to the material but the origin point. Is there a way to be sure the fill is generated by the material rather than the common origin.
Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
Hello Tom,

Have you tried to modify this parameter for each of your materials ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Tom Krowka
Booster
Nope. Didn't appear to change anything. I did find that "align 3D" texture command allowed me to define an origin point for the material which did work. Although I have to select each instance where the situation occurs. Kind of time consuming; still looking for a global solution.
Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand you correctly, it is not possible (individual surface/BM origin within profiles).
But you can join us and vote here.
Tom Krowka
Booster
you understood me corrrectly. Will vote. Try the "align 3D texture" command. Worked for me....but I only had one material on one side to change. Not sure if it will work on multiple materials on opposite sides.
Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com