BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Project Info - Autotext

TheresaAPD
Newcomer
Does anyone know what the limit is for adding custom fields in the Project Info (File>Info>Project Info)? It appears as if there isn't a limit on the number of lines but rather on the number of total characters or something else. I was adding notes to my file, and eventually when I hit "Add" the last note would just keep being overwritten. I opened up a blank file and kept adding new lines (without filling out any text in the right column) and I got up to 170 before quitting. 170 lines is way more than I am able to add in my actual file that contains notes in the right column. Also, I opened up one of my ArchiCAD 21 files, and at first glance it seems as if ArchiCAD 22 allows for fewer notes than ArchiCAD 21 did.

I've been using these notes for years as a way to annotate my drawings. Using Autotext means I can annotate my drawings before final materials have been selected and also allows me to quickly change a note at a later time (because I only have to change it in one place). Having my notes organized in one place makes coordination and changes a breeze.

Side note: I have played with the different associative labels and none of them do what I need them to do. Also, using associative labels is risky because they will be deleted if the element it is attached to is deleted.
Versions 11 to 22
Dell Precision T1650, i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
Not going into any particulars as to your workflow, Just a quick tip.
For this you should use AC Properties instead of Project Info and you would use a Schedule to coordinate and edit.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

TheresaAPD
Newcomer
I have to admit that I don't know what AC Properties is. What keyword should I search in the help menu and/or on this forum to find a rundown on the topic?

Thanks for the help. I'm always open to exploring new ideas.
Versions 11 to 22
Dell Precision T1650, i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit
Eduardo Rolon
Under Options Menu select Property Manager.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!