BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Project Information

Brett Brown
Advocate

After years using the Project Info (AC 20) and putting project specific information next to the user headings for each project, and now using 25 and doing the same, when using the Auto-text, all I see is a list of all the headings and not the information I entered for the specific the heading next to it like in AC 20.

Whats the point if I can't see the information?

Surely this is not right? A specific setting to see both heading and information when using Autotext?

Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you show a few screenshots that illustrate the issue?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Brett Brown
Advocate

Autotext AC 20.jpgAutotext AC 25.jpgHi Laszlo, as shown, the preview of what is entered against each heading in AC 25 has disappeared. You scroll down the massive list to the bottom and nothing except an "add" button. No preview. You can't see what you are adding to check. One of many backward steps I have found in usability in tools from AC 20

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Ah, OK, so you are missing the Preview field?

Yeah, that would be nice to see that information. 

I suggest that you make a wish for the return of this functionality.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I have asked Graphisoft UK about this and their reply "We changed the technology behind the Auto Text function and this is a limitation." So we will see if this is put back.

This is number four of confirmed bugs/limitations in 25 and I have only been using it for 3 weeks. Not a good look

I just tested and see that the preview functionality was eliminated in AC 21 (and onwards).  It's a shame that this was removed.  But, not something to ascribe to AC 25 as the removal was years ago.  I'm just surprised that I haven't seen anyone else mention this in the 5 years that it's been missing.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

My guess is that the majority of users don't know of its existence and how valuable it is now and then in 20?

Learn and get certified!