BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Project Template in AC11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had previously created my project template in V10, should I open and save it in V11 or recreate it in V11. The reason I ask is that I have read that some people are having problems working on files in V11 that were started in V10.

Thanks,
Jim
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
My office template was started in AC8.1, moved to 9, moved to 10, then moved to 11.

It worked fine (as long as I updated the libraries and such as well)
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think most transitional problems arise from the model. An empty template should be fine.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, thats what I was hoping.

Jim
Anonymous
Not applicable
I ran into one problem with a template file we had in 10 and upgraded to 11. It was with using worksheets. For some reason if you placed a DWG file, using the Drawing tool, on an empty worksheet then tried to reference it to say a floor plan it would not show up. You can see it in the worksheet file but not as a reference on the floor plan. Not sure if anyone else has ran into this but thought I would mention it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
It worked fine (as long as I updated the libraries and such as well)
Tom, what do you mean by updating the libraries?

If the objects are standard AC10 library objects do they transfer automatically to their AC11 counterpart library name?

For example would the standard door “D1 10” automatically change to “D1 11” when you open your AC10 file using AC11. that is if you only load the AC11 Library.
Learn and get certified!