Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Project info text to rename folders in the publisher

ChrisStow
Booster

Hi Graphisoft community,

I'm just double cheking there is no way of renaming the folders in the publishers set with project info text such as <PRJ_ID> etc etc. 

Ideally we would like to have the published folders with the project number however dont want this to appear in the layout book as the folders names become a too long for everyday navigation. 

Project info text into rename folder.jpg

Many thanks for reading.

Regards,

Chris S
Version: Archicad 25 (6000 UKI FULL)
- - - - - -
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
- - - - - -
CSP Architects
www.csparchitects.co.uk
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

This should work fine. We use <PROJECTNUMBER> for this reason. These fields seem to be case sensitive, by the way.

You do see the name you end up publishing in the publisher set, not sure what you mean by not seeing the name.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The following article contains all the keywords for the various Project Info Dialog fields:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/25/INT/#t=_AC25_Help%2F070_Documentation%2F070_Documentation-73.htm%2...

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

This should work fine. We use <PROJECTNUMBER> for this reason. These fields seem to be case sensitive, by the way.

You do see the name you end up publishing in the publisher set, not sure what you mean by not seeing the name.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
ChrisStow
Booster

Perfect this is briliant, many thanks Erwin

Many thanks for reading.

Regards,

Chris S
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
CSP Architects
www.csparchitects.co.uk
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The following article contains all the keywords for the various Project Info Dialog fields:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/25/INT/#t=_AC25_Help%2F070_Documentation%2F070_Documentation-73.htm%2...

That's perfect - just what we need.

Many thanks Laszio, really helpful. 

Many thanks for reading.

Regards,

Chris S
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
CSP Architects
www.csparchitects.co.uk
ChrisStow
Booster

@Erwin Edel @Laszlo Nagy  

Thanks both for your responses. 

The rename works great for shortcut folders. Is there any method of renaming manually created folders in the publisher? 

For example I have just added <PROJECT_ID> into a manually created folder in the publisher but it remains <PROJECT_ID> and doesn't change. 

Manual folder rname in publisher.jpg
Many thanks for reading.

Regards,

Chris S
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
CSP Architects
www.csparchitects.co.uk
DGSketcher
Legend

Publisher folder naming with Autotext / keywords is best considered a work in progress. File naming seems to be ok, folder names not so much.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

We don't use custom folders, so never ran in to this problem. I tested it here in AC23, doesn't work either. Folders directly lifted through the 'shortcut' from Layoutbook work fine though.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Chris,

You used the "Rename Folders" command on the folder, and not the "Rename Items" command. The "Insert Autotext" field must be present in the Dialog for you to be able to specify Autotext fields like <PROJECT_ID>, which is present in the "Rename Items" Dialog, and not present in the "Rename Folder" Dialog.

However, as the others mentioned, this does not seem to be implemented the way one would expect. I tried this and for me, it renamed all items within the Folder, not the Folder itself. So, using the "Rename Items" command on a folder is recommended when you want to specify the same code for all items within the Folder. 

As far as I see, it is currently not possible to define a Autotext code for just a folder without affecting all items within that folder.

Hi @Laszlo Nagy

Thanks for sharing, it is very helpful but I do not know why these codes are not explicitly shown somewhere in Archicad rather than Archicad help or at least added in the pop-up list that comes up when inputing the codes....