Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Property Option Sets

gdford
Advisor

Has anyone figured out a way to import property option sets into Archicad???

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
7 REPLIES 7
poco2013
Mentor

Need more info, i.e. example, to determine exactly what is needed? But -- the easiest way is to just export from one file to another in the property manager. The other way(s) is to create a Add-On for selected elements, or just use a Python script with a Command Handler Add-On.

I have created such a interface which is publicly available on my GitHub site. Made a video demo with a demo script.

Python Demo Video 

However, I suspect you may be interested in something else? --- Need more info?

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

Yep - I think we have our wires crossed... 

In the Property Manager there are choices for the data type of the property. One of the choices is "Option Set". This choice lets you build and option set for choosing one or many preset choices for the data field. If I need to have a 100 options to choose from I have to key in every option. It would be nice if I could import these options from excel. Also it would be nice if the Options could be set up like a Cascading Menu so I don't have to scroll down through all 100 choices.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
poco2013
Mentor

I certainly agree with the "wish" to have the ability of a cascading menu in options

As to importing options from excel, that can certainly be done though a Python script..

but it seems to me, that the work to first enter that info into excel would be the same as just entering directly into the Property Manager..

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
gavinNZz
Advocate

Just a simple import .csv option would be perfect in this situation. Given how long it took GS to develop folders for layers you might be waiting a while for the foldered options list! I have looked at .xml creation to import lists but given the GSID requirements for each item in the list it can get very messy trying to import a list that has not been exported from AC. This is a good example of 'low hanging fruit' that GS could fix fairly easily. We wait in hope......

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
David Shorter
Advisor

It can be done as part of a Property via XML

DavidShorter_0-1660892871242.png

DavidShorter_2-1660893110845.png

if you can edit XML then set up a master XML and edit it for different options and import as a new property

DavidShorter_1-1660892968378.png

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

Thanks - Yes I know that is possible and I have done this, but it is not any faster than just adding the options in the option set.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

OK, just a thought 

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone