BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Property manager expression

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am trying to customize a label for windows and doors.
I really would like to get this done. Australians use height x Width for windows and doors. so I created a property expression and used it to customize the label. But instead of mm unit, it shows m unit with 2 decimals.
The entire project unit is set in mm. any idea how to fix this problem?

[/img][/img]
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend
As you are using a property: Just edit that property expression to be in mm.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Podolsky
Ace
I would do everything on GDL. Entire label or marker. It takes a little bit time to learn, but as soon as you get how it's working - you can achieve fantastic results very quick.
Every time when I look at these problems with properties expressions I think - on GDL you can do it really quick and easy.

I personally do not understand why people so avoiding GDL. In any case in property expression you are writing formulas, that are very similar to GDL.
runxel
Legend
Podolsky wrote:
I would do everything on GDL.
Apples and oranges, man.

GDL is nice, but only viable for labels. If you want to have it scheduled.... well, just use properties. Also you can chain them, which is super nice.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Podolsky
Ace
Then guys manage your keynotes without me. I don't care. It's already was produced so many additional solutions for ArchiCAD. Anyone is coming with new perfect solution, saying that - we must do it finally, and offering again something not really cool, bringing more additional problems then really solving something. I already wrote in another thread, that if I will pump ArchiCAD with all third part Add-Ons and libraries and additional tools - most likely my productivity will start to fall to zero, when actually all these tools are developed with intension to improve productivity and provide great new tools. But unfortunately all that stuff is not talking to each other, got totally different UI principles and most important not following basic principles of ArchiCAD functionality.
Learn and get certified!