BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publish DWG not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I publish to PDF fine, but when I switch over to publish to DWG and then open in AutoCAD, it is a blank drawing (no layers, nothing. File size is 7 kb). Is there a setting I am missing or something I am overlooking.

Trying to publish AC17 files to 2004 Autocad & be able to edit them in Autocad.
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
The same just happened here, albeit in 16 ... the layout in question has a rather large and heavy DWG placed, plus a couple of bound DWGs.

The DWG "comes" out like JLK says. The DWF publishes, to about 1.7MB, but the Design Review can not open it.

There were funny things happening while placing that DWG ...

The submission is of course on Sunday (don't get shocked, that's here what Monday is for the most there, first day of the working week)
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
uh oh, if Djordje can't answer this, I am in trouble. lol
Djordje
Ace
Why, I know it all?

Now ... with the local official guru Mohannad of BIMES, we came to a couple of conclusions after a couple of hours of testing:

- publishing a layout with placed largish DWG works if you publish to Model Space

- forget any other method, the results with any other combination (only GS original translators ...) are differing in the horror levels

And before anyone asks, yes, we ran the full battery of tests on the same file under 16 and 17, last patch blah blah blah ...

Now ... to my friends in the Red Fort if I still have any:

STOP BREAKING WHAT WORKS AND FIXING WHAT DOES NOT NEED IT. MY CLIENTS AND AUTHORITIES DON'T GIVE A FLYING FCUK WHICH SOFTWARE I WORK IN, ONLY I DO! THEY WANT RESULTS, IN A CERTAIN FORMAT AND IN A CERTAIN TIME. THAT'S NOT NEGOTIABLE. MY INVOLVEMENT IN ANY JOB IS.

So ... can you please make ArchiCAD usable in the real world? Forget BIM fireworks, yep that happens from time to time, and mostly involves Revit as you as usual successfully dropped the ball. IT SHOULD BLOODY WORK!!!!!!!!!!! DWG, DWF, PDF ARE NOT FEATURES, THEY ARE A NECESSITY. IFC is a feature. Nice to have. Wish it worked. With anything.

Rant off, I can submit on Sunday. You see, it was so bad I had to come back to this place ... shocked to see that it's still Dwight, Karl, Matthew and myself at the top of the blabbermouth list.

May the VB be with you!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!