Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publish PDF without overriding existing file

Narska
Advocate
Is there any setting that would have archicad not overide an existing PDF with the same name when publishing a new set?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK No.
If the Auto rename option worked with all Publishing options and it had the DATE autotext then you could use it as a prefix and it might work within the limitations but this is another of the 80% tools.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Narska
Advocate
This date auto-text thing you mention would likely save me hours over the course of a year... I'm not a programmer but this seems like low-hanging fruit.
ejrolon wrote:
AFAIK No.
If the Auto rename option worked with all Publishing options and it had the DATE autotext then you could use it as a prefix and it might work within the limitations but this is another of the 80% tools.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
DGSketcher
Legend
I am using AC24 on Mac and can add <SHORTDATE> to the end of both custom file & folder names in Publisher which seem to be updating correctly these days. Earlier versions were prone to ignoring the conversion or placing the date as static. Worth a try?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon
That doesn't seem to be an option in the US version.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
OK, writing <SHORTDATE> looks like it might work
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
There's a list of system auto texts here... https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/135256/, and yes I think you have to type them in manually.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon
and to get a YYYY-MM-DD without the slashes you type:

<YEARLONG>-<MONTHNUMBER>-<DAYOFMONTH>
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Podolsky
Ace
Yes, not all auto-texts are shown in drop-down menu - you need to type them manually and it works.
Brian Spears
Booster
The short date can be configured to YYYY-MM-DD in the System Preferences.
Brian Spears
BIM Manager, Steele Group Architects
Winston-Salem, NC
AC26 USA on macOS