Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Publish floor plan to raster image with set resolution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,

Is there a way to publish or export colored plans into a raster format (JPG, PNG, etc.) so that those images can be used in other programs such as Power Point? Or what if I wanted a 6400x5200 .PNG image for a high-res presentation board?

The only way we are doing it is by publishing to PDF and rasterizing each one into a high-resolution image. Fortunately, we have only four to deal with but if we had at least ten, that's a lot of time adjusting and it would be great if AC12 had options for me to publish or export those views out to a high-res format and save me those Photoshop steps.

If there is hardly any way to do this, I will add to the wishlist if someone replies to this thread requesting the same. Or reply directing me to an already similar posted wish and I would vote.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't do much of this, but the only way I've gotten a larger file out is in the photo rendering setting.
Document>Creative Imaging>Photo Rendering settings
There is a box in upper right corner to set resolution(dpi).
Then of course do a save as in any of the available file formats.
Eduardo Rolon
You can create a custom action in Photoshop to handle all the particular settings that you need.

Just publish the pdf's from AC and then use the action in PS to process the files.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212 wrote:
I don't do much of this, but the only way I've gotten a larger file out is in the photo rendering setting.
Document>Creative Imaging>Photo Rendering settings
There is a box in upper right corner to set resolution(dpi).
Then of course do a save as in any of the available file formats.
I thought those were restricted to 3D views? What I am hoping to send out are large colored (by zones) 2D floorplan views with few annotations (room names, etc) for presentation boards. Sounds like this may be something Graphisoft could improve on for further releases if possible. I may add this to the wishlist but will give it until the end of my workday today. For the time being, I will check out those custom actions ejrolon mentioned.
Eduardo Rolon
- You can photo render a top view, or section. If you need text then you would need to place the rendered view in a Layout, put the text there and then export.
- If you are sending stuff for Presentation Boards you are better served using PDF's instead of Raster since they give a smaller size and are resolution independent.
- I though you could insert PDF's into PowerPoint presentations, if so the same reasoning for Presentation Boards apply.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
- I though you could insert PDF's into PowerPoint presentations, if so the same reasoning for Presentation Boards apply.
Wow. For some reason I was thinking I couldn't insert PDFs into Power Point. Can't remember if previous versions of either PDF or PP prevented that.

I've just reviewed the difference between PDF and PNG images in PP and I must say the quality of the PNG (or perhaps any other raster image) was better in PP than PDF.

It looks like the point is, through Publisher, the best (and only?) high-res output is through PDFs and I have to go to Adobe products and finalize my presentation. We also have less licenses for Photoshop and would like to minimize the amount of having to retreat to other softwares to do our final image sizing. Also, if this was possible through Publisher, then that would give it that much more of an advantage for us AC users because it would be a one time setting for a number of sheets we choose just like it was meant to be. Hopefully this is something Graphisoft can have within future AC releases. Later today I will add to the wishlist for AC products to have the options to define my export size of raster images, just like I could within rendering engines.

Still, thanks for your responses at least they have been educational to me.