Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Published PDF has wrong font size of the trace reference

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm trying to publish a pdf with a trace reference of the story below, but the problem is that fonts (windows markers from the story below, also the lines) become huge on the pdf compared to the one I have in the drawing.
Like they were in a wrong scale.
I tried to publish a pdf directly from the layout as well as from the plan, even via separate pdf printer - each time the same problem.
Any clue how to solve it ?

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone?
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

Do you use 2D Worksheet to place your drawing (trace reference)?
Check if the scale in 2D Worksheet is the same as in the drawing you're trying to publish when you place the drawing. After you place the drawing and change the scale ArchiCAD will try to scale the font size according to the current drawing scale. This might be the issue here.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
LucaP
Enthusiast
Sorry. I took a quick glimpse of your post without reading it carefully.

If you're using the story below as a trace reference you can still reference a view from view map (not only project map). In that case if you're referencing a view with different scale then it'll also change the font size to match the scale.
Łukasz Pietraszko
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think I quite understand.
Trace reference visible on the screen is ok (everything looks ok), the problem starts when I publish pdf - in the saved file, same trace reference markers are much bigger than the ones shown in the screen.
LucaP
Enthusiast
That seems strange...

However I would still investigate the scale of both drawings.

Do you use the publisher to save PDF's or do you print to a file? If the latter, then make sure you use the native scale of the view (both the view and trace reference should use the same scale). If you change the scale during the print make sure to check "same height" for text and markers (as in the screen below - sorry for the PL version).

Perhaps I'm mistaken and I'm going in the wrong direction here, but this would be my starting point to troubleshoot this situation.

Łukasz Pietraszko
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried that.
But as You see in my attached drawing in my first post, text and markers are ok for the 'current story', but they're wrong only for the 'trace reference' markers. (this picture is a screetshot of a published pdf saved from a plan, not a screenshot of the plan in archicad - in this case everything looks ok).

Scale is the same in both stories, only the saving pdf scale is different but during publishing it should apply to both story and trace reference, but only the latter is in a wrong size.