BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Published pdf scale is off

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using the Amyuni PDF Converter to publish PDF of the 24" x 36" drawings.

When the PDF is opened using the Adobe reader and printed, the scale is off by a fractions of a foot. Horizontal (x-direction) 100' actual is printed at 99'-8.5" or so. Vertical (y-direction) 80' actual is printed at 79'-10.5".

When any of you sub-out your drawings as PDF to be printed, how do you assure the scaling remains true?
7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Holm
Booster
That happens when you print the pdf with "shrink/resize to paper margins" checked in Adobe Reader's or Acrobats's print dialog. If you check "no page scaling" (or something similar, depending on Adobe version) it should print right.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the Reader dialog set to "None"
PDF fit to None.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can not see were the Amyuni Converter can be set up in Publisher, but if a layout is printed to the Converter from the print menu the Print layout shows the screen shot.
PDF fit to page.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I have come full circle.

Here is a link to the same question

I just do not trust this PDF scaling.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay,

Your master layout should reflect the same size as the media you are printing to...therefore, Master Layout Settings>Import settings from printer>PDF Converter>Custom

Set the size in millimeters...610 x 914

Now if you print your layout to pdf, your master layout will match the print drivers margins and you can scale your pdf at 100%...

Clear as mud?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Think I got it.

I am running a test.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This can cause a little heart-ache when you set the parameters correctly and then find you have to resize the title block by 2%...and move any independent text that may be floating on your master layout...

I print everything to pdf or plt...and adapted my master layouts as such in PM3.1, with seperate plotter settings and pdf settings...
Learn and get certified!