Document & Visualize forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher PDF defaults

JohnJay
Participant
Is it possible to change the PDF defaults when setting up publisher sets and adding layouts to sets?

I almost always need to add layouts to be published and AFAICT I need to check and set PDF options every single time.
5 REPLIES 5

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can organize your Layouts into folders, and if you set the PDF options for the folder, it will be applied to all Layouts within that folder.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

runxel
Mentor
Yeah, that would be great if there would the possibility to have some custom default so you can be sure.
AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Barry Kelly
LaszloNagy wrote:
You can organize your Layouts into folders, and if you set the PDF options for the folder, it will be applied to all Layouts within that folder.

You can create a 'Shortcut' of the layouts in the Publisher Set.
That will ensure that any new layouts are automatically included in the publisher set.

Having layouts belonging to a folder does indeed mean that when you apply the PDF settings to the folder in the publisher set, all the PDF settings in that folder get amended.

But I tested, added a new layout, it automatically added to the publisher set (because it was a shortcut), but it did not adopt the amended PDF settings.
Just used the standard default settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Barry wrote:
But I tested, added a new layout, it automatically added to the publisher set (because it was a shortcut), but it did not adopt the amended PDF settings. Just used the standard default settings.

Barry.
I will forward this to Graphisoft. This sounds to me like unintuitive behavior and the opposite of what one would suppose should happen in such a case.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

JohnJay
Participant
LaszloNagy wrote:
Thanks - this seems to be working for me

Open Organiser
Create Publisher Set
Within that set, create a new folder
Drag the first layout into the folder, then select the folder and set PDF prefs
Drag other layouts in and PDF prefs are as expected

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions