Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publisher PDF defaults

JohnJay
Expert
Is it possible to change the PDF defaults when setting up publisher sets and adding layouts to sets?

I almost always need to add layouts to be published and AFAICT I need to check and set PDF options every single time.
AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can organize your Layouts into folders, and if you set the PDF options for the folder, it will be applied to all Layouts within that folder.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
Yeah, that would be great if there would the possibility to have some custom default so you can be sure.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Barry Kelly
LaszloNagy wrote:
You can organize your Layouts into folders, and if you set the PDF options for the folder, it will be applied to all Layouts within that folder.

You can create a 'Shortcut' of the layouts in the Publisher Set.
That will ensure that any new layouts are automatically included in the publisher set.

Having layouts belonging to a folder does indeed mean that when you apply the PDF settings to the folder in the publisher set, all the PDF settings in that folder get amended.

But I tested, added a new layout, it automatically added to the publisher set (because it was a shortcut), but it did not adopt the amended PDF settings.
Just used the standard default settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Barry wrote:
But I tested, added a new layout, it automatically added to the publisher set (because it was a shortcut), but it did not adopt the amended PDF settings. Just used the standard default settings.

Barry.
I will forward this to Graphisoft. This sounds to me like unintuitive behavior and the opposite of what one would suppose should happen in such a case.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
JohnJay
Expert
LaszloNagy wrote:
Thanks - this seems to be working for me

Open Organiser
Create Publisher Set
Within that set, create a new folder
Drag the first layout into the folder, then select the folder and set PDF prefs
Drag other layouts in and PDF prefs are as expected
AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10