BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Publishing BIMx Docs – having separate layout book

MoMarti
Contributor
I have a big project where I separated the layout book from the model due to file size.

Now I want to save out a BIMx model with all the PDF documents, but because they are in a different file I can’t do it.

Do any of you have any suggestion how to overcome with this problem?

Many thanks,
Marta
3 REPLIES 3
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Copy the complete 3D model you want to show as BIMx model from the one file into the file with the layouts, or to keep the model up to date, insert the 3D model as a hotlink into the file with the layouts.
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Anonymous
Not applicable
Copy the complete 3D model you want to show as BIMx model from the one file into the file with the layouts, or to keep the model up to date, insert the 3D model as a hotlink into the file with the layouts.
Is this really the only way? The purpose of seperating the layout book is for smaller file sizes.....surely this defeats that purpose....

MoMarti...did you try this? are the layouts then connected to the 3d model with hyperlinks?..ie you can click on the section line and it shows you the layout and the 2d model at once...? Like in the Videos?
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Is this really the only way? The purpose of seperating the layout book is for smaller file sizes.....surely this defeats that purpose....

MoMarti...did you try this? are the layouts then connected to the 3d model with hyperlinks?..ie you can click on the section line and it shows you the layout and the 2d model at once...? Like in the Videos?
Yes this is only way. However I would suggest to import the layout book to your model file and relink the views in Drawing Manager.
::rk