BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing DWG failed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All.

I am trying to publish DWG to the engineers but some sets fail. The information of the fail: Publishing of the item failed because Archicad failed to generate it. The sheet consists of one pmk from a differnt archicad file (this is a large project and the layout book is seperate). I have looked at previous blogs but they are all not recent and those solutions don't help me. All drawings are up to date in the drawing manager. This is a teamwork project and everything is reserved by me. Using a differnt translator does not help.
Anyone got a suggestion?

Capture.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think i found the issue:
I was publishing directly to the server. When I changed the path to my PC it worked. I tis just funny, because the fail only habbend to a few drawings. Anyway: the way arround this is to publish to your own PC. Maybe a bug? Wound be nice if someone from Graphisoft could comment on this. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I had the same problem and error message. Oddly this happened only with a few layouts (with interior elevations on it) . that i could'nt publish id dwg. file format to a network server.
Changing the publishing path to a local PC folder instead of a folder in the network server solved it.
Thank you!
scom570
Contributor
If you are overwriting a PDF publish set, the software will not prompt you to overwrite but will just say it can't do it. Close the open PDF and see if it works. I always run into this when I am tweaking just before an issue date.
Learn and get certified!