BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing PDF or Printing as a Single File

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one know any way to do this? (I'm pretty sure that it's not possible but I just have to check.)

I am referring to creating a publisher set that can either save or print as a single file rather than a series of individual sheets. The problem I am having at one client's office s that their printer tracks output by job number and we have to enter it for each sheet.

This really knocks the teeth out of the idea of automatic document production. Especially since we are trying to set up the simplest possible way for PAs and principles to sets for review.
41 REPLIES 41
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Does any one know any way to do this? (I'm pretty sure that it's not possible but I just have to check.)
unless i've really missed something in your post matthew, i am assuming that your 'erring on the side of conservative' ( ) when it comes to plotmaker/layouts has meant that you haven't discovered the ability to merge all PDFs into one file?

~/archiben
mergePDF.jpg
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Does saving as one multi-page PDF and renaming & printing that not suit your purpose?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ben & Link. I missed that little checkbox. I didn't have any folders/subsets as I was trying to make it as simple as possible for the principle architects.

Unfortunately it only gets me part of the way there. What we really need is the ability to print directly as a single job, but I can probably get something to work with this. It may not matter in the end since the printer is not producing acceptable results and we may end up with something else.
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Unfortunately it only gets me part of the way there. What we really need is the ability to print directly as a single job, but I can probably get something to work with this. It may not matter in the end since the printer is not producing acceptable results and we may end up with something else.
i haven't tried this matthew, but it may be worth a crack....

put all of your layouts to publish in one folder, select the folder and choose 'Publish Selected' at the bottom. will that only bring up the print tracking software just the once?

let us know how it goes . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
"~/archiben wrote:
...put all of your layouts to publish in one folder, select the folder and choose 'Publish Selected' at the bottom. will that only bring up the print tracking software just the once?

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Matthew,
Did you ever get what you wanted to do work ?
I am having a similar problem or maybe the identical problem.
In AC 8.1 and AC 9 one could "print" a layout book
as a multi-page PDF, each page showing one layout.
In AC 10 I can print as a PDF each layout as a separate PDF
but not the whole layout book as a single PDF.
Thank you,
Peter Devlin
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Peter,

Are you not using Publisher? You need to either add a folder to the publisher set (maybe the whole book or a subset) or create one and put all your layouts in it. Then you can select it and use the 'Merge to one PDF file' button under the format tab, as per Ben's attached image.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Link,
I will try that.
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Link,
I don't seem to have that check box.
My Publishing pane has three icons that I don't recognise.
Please see attached image.
Sorry I could not make a .jpg of the navagator pane
so I had to command-shift-4 and make a PDF.
Thank you,
Peter Devlin
Learn and get certified!