BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing from AC22 to PDF - need in PDF sheet number to match sheet numbering in Archicad?

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached.
thanks.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
As far as I know, multi-page PDFs only have page numbers, not page names.
The file itself has a name.

When publishing PDFs from Archicad the PDF file will take on the name of the item being published.
If it is published as a 'merged' PDF, then it will take on the name of the folder that was merged - but it will still be just page 1, 2, 3, etc.
If not merged, then each page will take on the name it has in the publisher list and will have just page 1.

So as far as I know you can change the name of the PDF file, but not the pages numbers.
Otherwise how do you tell the PDF to print pages 4 to 7?

You could probably create a contents page in the PDF, or maybe even save a sheet index from Archicad that might even allow hyper-links to each page (not 100% sure as I never use them), but still the pages will just have numbers.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
If you do a web search you will find guidance on how to do this, but I think you have to do it with 3rd Party software (Acrobat). It isn't something that is usually a concern for most people, seems like you got the college graduate checking your plans.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Apparently you can modify the so-called Page Labels in Acrobat to achieve this.
I am guessing you would have to use the commercial Acrobat Pro software, as this functionality is not available in the free Acrobat Reader:

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
Correct. the Page names (Page labels) can indeed be altered.
I did get the college intern checking/reviewing plans where she can't find the sections page unless its labeled "A4-1 Sections"................some people.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
and yes...you can ONLY alter the page labels INSIDE Adobe Acrobat PRO.....NOT the viewer.
rob2218 wrote:
Correct. the Page names (Page labels) can indeed be altered.
I did get the college intern checking/reviewing plans where she can't find the sections page unless its labeled "A4-1 Sections"................some people.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!