BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Query regarding Prof' Rendering DVD, Graphisoft Australia

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I am a novice of Archicad & Lightworks. I recently spotted the offer for the Professional Rendering DVD on the Graphisoft Australia web-site and was wondering would you more seasoned/capable users recommend it to someone like myself. I already have Dwight's book (v. informative by the way, Ta!) and thought this might help me further on my way. Is it a wise buy for the beginner? So if you have any comments or recommendations please add them on.

Cheers!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK... no comment I guess!
TomWaltz
Participant
I do not know of anyone who purchased it yet. I am kind of curious myself.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have purchased And took a look at it. Still I havent finished the tutorials. I can tell you its worth it. Very complete from my point of view since Im a beginner in doing colored presentations. (Never done one in archicad only done hidden view perspectives for 5 years) Jobs nowadays are requiring some expertise in computer presentations. The Dvd takes you step by step into the wonderful worls of presentations. but youll need some experience using archicad as modeler wich I hope you do.
Im buying also dwights book thru objects on line but I still havent received it. With both tools I hope I can take the plunge to have the presentation skills I need. I only need the time to learn. From My point of view its impossible to learn light works presentation from scratch. Too many variables and not a hint about what they actually do. With the dvd Im starting to decipher them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, that seems fairly positive - thanks lads!

Best Regards,

Stone Thrower
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I got one copy and its worth the money I've spent (the same with Dwight's book) though I like and use Artlantis 🙂.
After looking at this video-tutorials all will be very simple to You.
Then only exercise, exercise, exercise...
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The aforementioned resources of Dwights book and the DVD will help with using Lightworks.
As I have mentioned before the good thing about using Lightworks (aside fom the pain of actually using it) is that it is integrated into ArchiCAD workflow - once views are defined you can update them automatically, although often we find we are post editing images in photoshop so this arguement falls over.

We've found that in the long run it is quicker to use Artlantis R/ Studio. Even Dwight is on record as saying Artlantis doesn't need manuals etc! So you can save money on the books / DVDs et al and put it toward better software!
Learn and get certified!