BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

RESOLVED: Surface Label 19 referencing wrong side of wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
RESOLVED - SOLUTION BELOW

Hi Team,

I'm having an issue with the Surface Label 19 - it's displaying the surface from the wrong side of the wall.
In the image, the highlighted label is a Surface Label 19 set to show 'Wall Outside Face Surface' and as you can see from the Surface Override drop down of the wall the label is referenced to, the outside surface is set to a surface called 'P1'

any thoughts?

I have tried moving the reference line from the outside of the core to the outside face of the wall and it makes no difference. I've also tried using the label in plan and it produces the same error. I also checked the building material of the outside skin of the composite to see if the default surface assigned to that material was the one that the label is displaying, and it is not that either.

Thanks for any ideas,
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The solution, if anyone else runs into this problem, is to reverse the direction of the wall's reference line [EDIT > REFERENCE LINE & PLANE > INVERT WALL DIRECTION]

This seems like a bug to me, as nothing visible nor any of the parameters of the wall are changed by doing this, however the Surface Label 19 will now reference the correct side of the wall.

I will lodge this bug with Graphisoft.

Cheers,
Learn and get certified!