Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Random dots at edge of drawing

Narska
Advocate
When printing or exporting to pdf lines that are behind a fill or other not showing in the model show up.

Attached is an example of a screenshot taken from my computer and a pdf exported of the same area of the layout.

Does anyone know where I can look find a solution to this?

NOTE: This only happens with interior elevations.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
2 REPLIES 2
Narska wrote:
When printing or exporting to pdf lines that are behind a fill or other not showing in the model show up.

Attached is an example of a screenshot taken from my computer and a pdf exported of the same area of the layout.

Does anyone know where I can look find a solution to this?

NOTE: This only happens with interior elevations.
Save/export/print as .pdf vs Publish as .pfd makes a difference for lots of things. Could it be that?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Barry Kelly
It looks to me that it is the border of the drawing placed on the layout.
Is it possible that you have the 'printable border' turned on in the drawing settings, but that the pen is the same coluor (white) as the page background.
Therefore you can't see it in the layouts but it is trying to print?

Just a guess.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11