Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Re: modelling error - viewing through windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this come up on a couple of projects - generating renders using the Cinema 4D engine in Archicad 18 and setting up views through a window - for example from the back of a house - the rendering engine will not render walls with a cavity, but only when seen THROUGH the window. The same goes for other windows. I have a suspicion that in the case of the wall it is to do with the cavity material (set to Airspace), because i changed it to the General material and now it will pick up the wall, but it still cannot pick up the windows (set as aluminium frames and sash with glass infill).

Anyone else have this issue, and/or know how to fix it without compromising the accuracy of the used materials?
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
dwpbuild wrote:
Anyone else have this issue, and/or know how to fix it without compromising the accuracy of the used materials?
Firstly I have moved your topic to the 'Presentation and rendering' section of the forum.

If you search in there you will find a few posts with the same problem.
Here is one of them.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=48768

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11