BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Real-time video capture of OpenGL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone playing games with ArchiCAD?

I have been testing my navigation skills with ArchiCAD 10. I am getting so good it's worth recording. Although ArchiCAD is not a game, I have been using this program. Maybe I missed something and you have all been doing this for a while.

http://www.fraps.com/

Video capture of the 3D window (OpenGL) is possible with Fraps 2.8.0(windows only). Press a key and your navigation will be recorded to movie . Fraps recent release uses dual processors for capturing up to 2560x1600. Record in real-time during your next client meeting! For $37 I can fill up my free disk space!

A resolution of 800x600 worked on our pentium 4. I just tested 2.8.0 on our dual core and it seemed to have no limit. I don't know how stable this program is so hit save and use caution. Be careful with resizing the 3D window.
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's sweet. I submitted a wish to GS a few weeks back asking to have this feature within ArchiCAD after one of my clients asked me about it.

Would be nice to have such a recording ability straight out of the 3D window!

Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Link.
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
A little cheaper then Zermatt engine - but have anyone tried it with Archicad?
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting a kick out of using Fraps with ArchiCAD. It's allowed me to create a number of quick and rough movies to share. The movies have a certain handheld video look. Maybe I need to get off the caffein, or Graphisoft could add an anti-shake feature.

I've also chosen a mono-chrome material pallet (ie. chipboard) with black sky. The look is like flying with night vision. I find it hard to use OpenGL materials seriously.

On two occasions I've had a complete system shutdown while Fraps has been open. I think this is related to resizing the 3D window resolution. I'm not too interested in recreating the shutdowns, so I set my 3D resolution before I open Fraps. So far this method is stable.

Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I there a video capture program for intel macs?
Eduardo Rolon
SnapZ Pro

www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

Have not tried it yet though
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum