Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Recover half-completed rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I started a rendering, and it has been working for several hours, and after a while the counter did not increased. I restarted it, since in the help (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/setup/software-technologies/autosave-files/) is written that " ... By opening it, you will recover the full project content at the time of the last Autosave, including half-completed PhotoRenderings.".
'Project Recovery' window appeared and I opened the project, but I can't find the half-completed rendering. How can I continue rendering?
Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
I assume, ArchiCAD stores temporary file while do rendering. For example CineRender it is few steps process - calculation of photon maps first, final gathering and reflection/refractions calculations.
Following Graphisoft manual - recovered file must access these pre-calculation files and continue rendering from the moment when program crashed.
But it looks like after opening Auto-Saved file rendering starting from beginning. So, that feature is unavailable.