Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Reduce graphical clipping near camera with large site context

srdavids
Booster

Hi all,

I have an issue being caused, I believe, by a long draw distance due to large context model (~10sq miles). I'm curious, aside from turning off or reducing context, if there are any strategies to reduce this camera clipping.  

Context on:

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 6.05.01 PM.jpg

Context off:

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 6.08.54 PM.jpg

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Normally a problem, when Your "origin of drawing" is too far away. Move the complete project with all layers on to the near of your real origin-point.

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia

Thanks for the reply - The coordinates where I took the above screenshots are roughly x:  -40, y: -30 and the height is at project zero. 

Hi srdavids, you are not alone with this problem.  I've been experiencing this behaviour for years now with large context meshes.   I'm yet to find a solution, but it has gone away recently after I purchased a more powerful computer, so maybe it is hardware related (GPU RAM possibly).  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report!

I came across this issue once. The problem is similar to what Hmooslechner suggested: there were some elements that were placed very far away from the origin. It was not the problem with the position of the camera, but it was the problem with the position of elements placed far from the project. I believe the issue comes from the context objects. If you could move them closer or limit their presence in the 3D window then it will help with the clipping issue as you already found out.

I hope this helps you with the case. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT