Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Referring to an enlarged floor plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to refer to an enlarged plan without creating a separate detail for it?
This is the situation:
Floor plan has one saved view for overall floor plan (1:100) showing certain layers and another view for an enlarged floor plan (1:50) showing a different set of layers.
What I need to do is create a marker that will correctly refer to the sheet where the enlarged floor plan is.

I don’t think enlarged floor plans (and elevations) are best served with the detail tool so what is needed is a generic referencing tool that will be put on any view and link to any other chosen view, there is no real model link between the two. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be interested in this question also. For now we have resigned ourselves to placing a detail marker and providing a custom text for the reference. Not automatic, but if your enlarged are placed early in the process they are not likely to move from sheet to sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
wouldn't creating an Auto-text reference do this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archi-Guy wrote:
wouldn't creating an Auto-text reference do this?
With Autotext you could have it generate its own drawing name or the name of the layout it is placed on. But I couldn’t find a way to make it link to another drawing or another layout.
I don’t think this can be done with Autotext, unless I’m missing something here.
Chazz
Enthusiast
I've discussed this in other threads that could maybe be found via search but I will repeat my steps here:

1) Use the detail tool because it's a nice way to establish the demarcation of the area to show as enlarged (typically bathrooms) but leave the detail bubble without any text.

2) create a new plan view for enlarged plan (with layers and scale, etc as needed).

3) Place the enlarged plan view in your layout and choose it as an auto text reference (I do this by selecting and using the contextual menu).

4) Now place some text (using the text tool) in the detail bubble and use the auto text reference as the text.

There's probably fancier ways to do it but this works and keeps everything linked.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
..and choose it as an auto text reference (I do this by selecting and using the contextual menu).
Brilliant! I never knew this feature existed.
Thanks.