Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Reflected ceiling plan of sloping soffit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'd appreciate some help on how to created a reflected ceiling plan of a sloping soffit. I've not done any RCP's in Archicad yet and what I would also like to generate are plans of the sloping soffit looking square on in order to create cutting layouts.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could try using a 3D document, maybe. In axonometry use View > 3D Navigation Extras > Look To. This allows you to project the view straight on the selected surface. Right click in the view and pick New 3D document From 3D...

You can set up this view just like a section or elevation and should be able to add dimensions to it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Erwin, your advice and steps were really helpful/easy to follow.

I created the 3D document from the view (first image) and tested the dimensions. I just had some queries about the dimensions and how to obtain one along the splay (second image) as it seems to constrain it to either 90 degrees or an odd angle?
MrC
Advocate
DIMENSION OPTIONS
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, still coming out a bit funky! Not sure why the angle dimension is greyed out too
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
There might be some limitations to dimensioning in 3D document. If you don't mind it being static dimensions, you could make them static or dimension to a hotspot that you can move around.

Or explode the whole view to 2D fills.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
thompsonmp:

In the 3D Document there is an additional dimensioning option for plane constraint, in the Help files see: Linear Dimensions in the 3D Document Window.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for everyone's replies, much appreciated.

Constraining dimensions to planes should be a big help thanks.