BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Render as in 3dview?

Kamelite
Enthusiast
Is it possible to render, or save the view, just like it looks when looking in 3D-view? Whenever I render it, regardless of the settings, it isn't the exact like it is in the 3D-view (F3). The Lightning changes, the textures changes etc.

Can it somehow have something to do With the fact that the 3D-view uses the OpenGl-renderengine (atleast on my setup), and the render doesn't have that engine as an option?

Thnx

.Thag
Windows 10, Archicad 27
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Kamelite:

The Material (Surface in AC17) settings are different between the 3D Window and Rendering, at the top of the Material Settings dialog box is the Engine Settings, so you must alter the OpenGL and LightWorks settings to match (there is a Match with Internal Engine under LightWorks, so that can be a good starting point).

The lighting methodology is just different between the two (LightWorks can use Lamps, has better shadows, etc), so you will need to tweak the LightWorks Sun, Lamp, etc settings to get the desired effect.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!