Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Render is stuck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, guys!
I'd really appreaciate your help on this subject.

I've been trying to render interior images not that complex and it's been taking like 32h and feels like the render haven't moved at all.

I'm aware that interior images take longer but since mine is not that big deal I'm concerned something isn't right.

Please take a look at the images uploaded (and the rendering time since the render images are 10h apart) and please help me out here.

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2017
2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 555 2 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try importing the attached scene. It's in a zip file, since I can't upload archicad cinerender scenes to the archicad forum (maybe a point of attention for graphisoft?).

It is what I used to create the attached render in < 30 minutes and it mostly takes long because of the water outside (it's a houseboat project).

Just make sure you have some lighting setup.

I mostly use a General Light with no decay (infinite strength) and leave the rest off.

I did also make a separate render for just Ambient Occlusion (black and white image) to use in photoshop post production and did some more post production in photoshop.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! I really appreciate your help. I've managed to render the image in 2mins.

What was I doing wrong though? Was the "finals" quality the problem? And how should I use that? Or should I ever use it at all?

Once again thank you for the scene 😉
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Yeah, the preset scenes shipped with archicad are a bit rubbish for quick decent results if you start going for the medium and final settings.

Fine if you leave it running overnight, but I find the increase in quality doesn't merit the many hours.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the tip and the much needed help