BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Render view proportions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way I could fix the proportion of the render view? Quite often I am doing some renders with the same camera to exchange the render on photoshop. But whenever I switch between the monitors or adjust the toolbar placement it adjusts the render as well.
5 REPLIES 5
mikas
Expert
Use fixed resolution for renders. Do not use "Size to 3D window".
Hopefully that helps.

edit. Maybe you should use "Views" instead of cameras, if possible. They retain the given resolution. Seems like that the "camera" objects don't.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think the problem is when you switch to a different monitor (with I assume different resolution), the 3D window size changes, which can affect the 3D view. It is hard to explain with text, but a while ago I was rendering views on several workstations and the same saved camera was displayed differently due to the 3D window size changing from different monitors.

Even with fixed resolution for render.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
mikas
Expert
That might be the case with cameras, but if you save a view, it will remember the resolution. Or if not, it's a new bug ;=
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
mikas wrote:
That might be the case with cameras, but if you save a view, it will remember the resolution. Or if not, it's a new bug ;=
I have tried both - straight from the camera and view as well... there is no difference.
And I always have fixed resolution that's not the case neither.
I guess that the problem is with the proportion of Archicad window in general, whenever it changes, the render changes as well.
mikas
Expert
Strange thing. I can't repeat it. My cameras in project tab do not remember the resolution. Camera uses what ever is the last window setting. But my saved views remember the resolution I have set earlier. It's not changing with monitor swap, machine swap or anything.

I have different sets for FullHD and 5K, for example, FullHD for preview, 5K for final render. They do, and they should, remain as set.

I tried both, Win 10 Pro and Mac, version 21 INT and FIN. I tried to change window size, and I tried my second monitor. Everything worked as it should.

Are you on Win or Mac? Which ArchiCAD version?

I am out of ideas.
Learn and get certified!