BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendered Trees & Shrubs

Anonymous
Not applicable
when placing the Tree 18 and Shrub 18 objects in the model the are "flat" 2D images, It seems that they are placed so that the image is oriented perpendicular to the current camera perspective settings. If you are rendering the model from different angles this will display the image as a "flat" tree or shrub.
In the attached image I the tree object is a 2 sided object (PictBox_Pine_GWL), that works fine at different render angles, but it does lack shadow casting.

What are others doing?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice tips, i'd like to ask a closely related problem though..

I saved the 3D cameras as views in project view map, and set the views to be generated in photorendering window so that when i publish those views as images, the output should be a photorealistic rendering images.

But unlike creating a flythrough, publishing rendered images doesn't has the "rebuild model for each view" option.

So only one image had the correct 2D trees direction setting, while the others didn't, has anybody else been tinkering with that?

-JS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Am having a similar issue as John

Range of cameras created as view set and published as TIFF. Each one has a slight change of angle on the shrubs.

any one found a work around as I have 6 images that need to be done and will knock my pc out for a full day if I can't publish over night.
jameshart
Newcomer
John wrote:
Nice tips, i'd like to ask a closely related problem though..

I saved the 3D cameras as views in project view map, and set the views to be generated in photorendering window so that when i publish those views as images, the output should be a photorealistic rendering images.

But unlike creating a flythrough, publishing rendered images doesn't has the "rebuild model for each view" option.

So only one image had the correct 2D trees direction setting, while the others didn't, has anybody else been tinkering with that?

-JS
I just had this problem recently with a series of perspectives that I was rendering via the publisher. I was able to overcome the problem by adding a simple Axo view in between each perspective. While publishing, the switch from Perspective to Axo and back seemed to have ArchiCAD rebuild the view and reorient the trees between publishing each image.
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
Learn and get certified!