Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendered Trees & Shrubs

Anonymous
Not applicable
when placing the Tree 18 and Shrub 18 objects in the model the are "flat" 2D images, It seems that they are placed so that the image is oriented perpendicular to the current camera perspective settings. If you are rendering the model from different angles this will display the image as a "flat" tree or shrub.
In the attached image I the tree object is a 2 sided object (PictBox_Pine_GWL), that works fine at different render angles, but it does lack shadow casting.

What are others doing?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
CineRender of Shrubs and Trees
David Collins
Advocate
Try a "Rebuild & Regenerate" refresh after changing the camera angle. The tree bitmaps *should* automatically rotate so they are once again perpendicular to the new camera.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If that doesn't work (I've noticed this before), select the Object tool, hit select all, go in to settings dialog and press ok. This should force a rebuild on all objects.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you fro the replies.
In the Contextual (Right mouse click) menu I could only see the "Rebuild" command. This did not reset the objects.
I did see the "Rebuild & Regenerate" commands listed in the Work Environment, but could not see how to find these command within my current Schemes.

Erwin - this did work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regenerate Command in work environment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
when using these "2D" objects and creating a fly-through from placed Cameras one needs to check the "Rebuild Model for Each Frame".
David Collins
Advocate
Jay wrote:
..I did see the "Rebuild & Regenerate" commands listed in the Work Environment, but could not see how to find these command within my current Schemes.
You should be able to find it under "Refresh" at the bottom of the main View menu.
Regenerate.jpg
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Anonymous
Not applicable
David - It maybe only in the International release. Even using the "Standard Profile 18" Work Environment, this option is not present.
furtonb
Advisor
Jay wrote:
David - It maybe only in the International release. Even using the "Standard Profile 18" Work Environment, this option is not present.

hi!

I also had the same issue as you, and I also couldn't find the rebuild&regenerate in the view -> refresh menu.

it is an easy fix though, you could attach a keyboard shortcut to it (ctrl+alt+shift+R as default), or add the button to the menu.

the attached image shows you both methods (i personally prefer using shortcuts).
shortcut2.jpg
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64