Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Rendered image saved in 32-bit Tiff via publisher is not a full range 32-bit?

Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
Hi there!
This is a question about getting full range 32-bit images from publisher. I noticed there's a difference if you save a rendered image as a 32 bit .tiff compared to publishing the same format via publisher. Both are saved with the " High accuracy color..." options. Both open as 32-bit images in Photoshop but the image that came from publisher has lost it's range and it behaves just like an 8-bit image. I attach an example where I lowered the exposure in Photoshop to show the difference. Is this difference for a reason or is it a mistake?
/Karl W
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
Ok, I'm back after an update to the latest version and a restart of Archicad. I can't find any documentation in the list of improvements but the problem seems to be solved!
However I would like to post a tip not to use any post effects like color mapping or color correction in the render settings if you wish to save in 32-bit. This was not my issue but it would also clamp the range and give the same behavior.
Thank you Karl Ottenstein for helping out.
/Karl W

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
You have no signature... What version of ARCHICAD (version and build number)? What operating system?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
Thank's for your response Karl! Here's my information:

Version Lang Build Platform Type
24 SWE 3022 Win64 FULL

Windows 10
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
Thank's for your response Karl! Here's my information:

Version Lang Build Platform Type
24 SWE 3022 Win64 FULL

Windows 10
Thanks, Karl! 🙂

Before I try to reproduce - could you update to the current release for SWE, which is build 4018?

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?localization=SWE&type=AC&version=24

If you get the same result from Publisher there, post back and I or someone will look into it. (I didn't even know 32 bit TIFF was an option... thought it as 8 or 16 bit.)

BTW: I'm on Mac, so if anyone reading this thread is on Windows... please jump in to reproduce in case this is a Windows version related issue.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
Ok, I'm back after an update to the latest version and a restart of Archicad. I can't find any documentation in the list of improvements but the problem seems to be solved!
However I would like to post a tip not to use any post effects like color mapping or color correction in the render settings if you wish to save in 32-bit. This was not my issue but it would also clamp the range and give the same behavior.
Thank you Karl Ottenstein for helping out.
/Karl W
Karl Ottenstein
Good news. Thanks for posting back that it is resolved in the update.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!