BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering Background Color - Is this a bug?

kevin b
Contributor
Everytime I render something I have to change the background color. It always reverts to a bluish sky color and a grey ground color everytime after I close the 3D window. For example I'm in the plan, I generate a 3D window I want to render (whether from a previously saved view or otherwise), I go into the Photorendering settings dialog change the background color to say all white (although it doesn't matter what) and render. Everything is OK. I can then orbit or explore in the 3D window, render again and settings are OK. If I go back to the plan and then back to the 3D window the background settings have reverted to blue and grey again. This was not like this in AC9, the background color settings would stay whatever it was until changed. It also always reverts back to the lightworks engine. So if i'm doing a Sketch rendering of a view, and then change views i have to go back into the photorendering dialog and change back to sketch again and change the background etc. I have saved my Sketch settings into the file so I can just choose them from the pulldown but if I hadn't done that I would have to reset every setting.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are you using actual views? I mean views from the View Map, not viewpoints from the Projcet Map.

Views remember all 3D settings including the backgrounds of the 3D window and the backgrounds of Photorenderings, (they are separate settings).

I haven't had any experiences to the contrary in AC10, but that doesn't mean it's not working as it should for others...

Cheers,
LInk.
kevin b
Contributor
I had been using both, predefined 3D views and just going form 2d to 3d with shortcuts. And I know that those setting sare saved with the views but it seems like in AC9 if you weren't using a 3D view but activated the 3d window the settings would be whatever they were the last time you did it. Now it seems like it will always revert back to the setting of the last 3d view that was saved. When I saved off a new view with the new settings it will now always revert back to that one.

Another thing that seems to have changed is that when you have a 3d view saved with a marqueed area, when you go back to 2d the marquee does not show up in plan. It used to be, if I recall, that when you switched to a 3D view with a marqueed area when you switched back to plan the marquee would be there.

These all fall under the it's jsut a wee bit different category of things that drive you nuts til you figure them out.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
kevin wrote:
I had been using both, predefined 3D views and just going form 2d to 3d with shortcuts. And I know that those setting sare saved with the views but it seems like in AC9 if you weren't using a 3D view but activated the 3d window the settings would be whatever they were the last time you did it. Now it seems like it will always revert back to the setting of the last 3d view that was saved. When I saved off a new view with the new settings it will now always revert back to that one.
I just can't replicate that one. Sorry! Maybe someone else will comment?
kevin wrote:
Another thing that seems to have changed is that when you have a 3d view saved with a marqueed area, when you go back to 2d the marquee does not show up in plan. It used to be, if I recall, that when you switched to a 3D view with a marqueed area when you switched back to plan the marquee would be there.

These all fall under the it's jsut a wee bit different category of things that drive you nuts til you figure them out.
Now that I can replicate. Looks like a bug to me!

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!