BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering Issues (ArchiCAD 23)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please forgive me if this is a REPOST of a previous post.

I am a new user to ArchiCAD, and I am finding that my renders being generated from within ArchiCAD are less than ideal. At present, I am making use of the PhotoRender settings to show what my output will display like on screen. I am in the midst of a project that requires a complete detailed front elevation. And all of the available options through the PhotoRender dialog window are developing imagery that is far less than ideal for this end goal. The "3D/All" window shows a much richer presentation. My machine is an iMac 27" 5K. I am lost and searching for meaning here. Do I need to pursue throwing money into the ring for a paid for external rendering solution? One would think that the price of admission for ArchiCAD, the built-in solution would alone be adequate. Also, I am a wee-bit frustrated that Graphisoft does not have clearer instructions on how to generate cleaner output. For clarification purposes, I have a background in 3D and Visual Communications, so I am uncertain as to what is wrong here!
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
Ella wrote:
Hi mine is a question, I'm new to this forum and use archicard for interior design projects. I'm using archicard 21 and have not been able to render. I get the message cinerender by Maxon add on unexpectedly closed. I have downloaded visual c++ redistributable but I've yet not been able to render any assistance?
Hello Ella Designs and welcome to the forum.

At the top of this page you will see an option to search the forum.
Try searching for "+cinerender +by +Maxon +unexpectedly +closed" (without the quotes but with the +s).
There are a few to look at which is why I have not posted a direct link to a post to fix your problem.
Hopefully they will give you some good suggestions.

Also make sure you have the latest build of version 21 installed (build 8002).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!