Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering Materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I've just tried my first render in archicad... but one of my materials isnt working. i've put a water texture on a 'wall', which i made in the materials section of the element attributes, and when i render it's just coming up plain (or the surface colour). The texture i have put on is meant to be transparent aswell. This is my first render so could someone help me out? i think it might be the material's attributes that are wrong??
thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Lot to be said about that, but it will speed things up if you post the settings.

Main issue is that you have made the material in the Internal Engine dialog and not matched it in LightWorks.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm not realy sure how to do it.... this is the first project i've really used archicad for (im a uni student). So I just went to element attribute > materials > renamed a material and added a texture image, and then made it transparent. From here all I did was assign the material to the object. I don't know how to match things up in lightworks?

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated as the assignment is due in a couple of days

Thanks!
Dwight
Newcomer
What rendering engine?

Try this.
match.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
AHA! Thankyou so much for your help... it's working now!!
i didn't even see that rendering engine menu...hehe
Dwight
Newcomer
I was certain that the arrows were large enough.
Dwight Atkinson