BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering Materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey All- I added new materials to my model, but when I go to lightworks render them, my materials don't show...? I've attached a few Screenshots. Maybe someone will see what I am doing wrong. (I am still figuring out rendering through ArchiCAD.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
See if this helps:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/dia...

You have the capability of having a surface display differently in each context... need to use the 'match' button (and optional fine tuning) for CineRender to show what you've set up for OpenGL.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
will that work on ArchiCAD 17 too?
Barry Kelly
Not quite - Karl's link was for 18.
But similarly in 17 if you go to the surface settings dialogue and switch to the Lightworks materials you will see a button at the bottom to "Match Internal Engine".
So if you have set up your surface (material) in the Internal or OpenGL engines you can match the settings - and then further tweak them to get even better results if you know what you are doing (which I never could work out properly).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stress Co_
Advisor
WAKEdesign wrote:
will that work on ArchiCAD 17 too?
It's a good thing to add the AC version you use (and your OS) to your ArchicadTalk signature.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!