Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Rendering an object without proper color surface

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am rendering a scene and all the objects get their proper color unless one that it shows in white instead of her proper color. Why is this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
When you open the surface settings, does the OpenGL settings match with the Cinerender settings.
If they don't, when you are in the Cinerender settings there will be a 'Match Settings' button.
You can match Cinerender to Internal (this is what you will want if your OpenGL settings are correct) or you can match the Internal to the Cinerender settings.

Is it the only object using that particular surface material?
If not and the other objects are OK then the problem is not with the surface material.
If it is the only object using that surface then my guess is that the OpenGL and Cinerender settings don't match.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Is the render material set correctly?
What you see on screen and what you render are two different settings in the same material (OpenGL & Cinerender).
They can be completely different.

Are other elements using the same material and they look fine?
If so it might be a lighting problem.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see the right material in OPEN GL but not rendering. IT is the only object that it is not shown properly.
Solution
Barry Kelly
When you open the surface settings, does the OpenGL settings match with the Cinerender settings.
If they don't, when you are in the Cinerender settings there will be a 'Match Settings' button.
You can match Cinerender to Internal (this is what you will want if your OpenGL settings are correct) or you can match the Internal to the Cinerender settings.

Is it the only object using that particular surface material?
If not and the other objects are OK then the problem is not with the surface material.
If it is the only object using that surface then my guess is that the OpenGL and Cinerender settings don't match.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I didn't match the cinerender with the openGL