Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering close to reality!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a customer yesterday asking me if i can do a rendering project for him that looks like reality.After talking to him for a while and showing him my artlantis renderings I ve realised that artlantis 'reality' is not enough for him.What he asked for me was to design two really posh villas with private swimming pools etch and he wants the renderings to look real in order to put them on a web site for next season online booking. He wants the renderings to look like real pictures of the building so the customers wont realise its a render and think that its already built.He has seen renderings made on 3ds max or vis i dont really know (like the one i ve attached) that they are really impresive and he wants me to make the design and then he will give me pictures of the furniture tiles wooden decks etch that he is going to use so i can put them in the renederings.He offers good money for that and i dont want to lose the job.How can i do it?I use archicad 10 and artlantis studio but i dont think they are enough for this task.Please help!

big-bed_room.jpg
39 REPLIES 39
TomWaltz
Participant
I'm quite sure Archicad alone will not be anywhere near that.

Cinema 4D is the best out there, but the learning curve on it is pretty serious. You would probably need formal training on it to get true realism.

I've heard a lot good about Maxwell here on the forum. Maybe someone else could say more about it.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not just a matter of the right software but also the tremendous amount of skill and experience that it took to make something like the example you posted. You should feel sure that you can achieve that before accepting the commission.
Rakela Raul
Participant
You should feel sure that you can achieve that before accepting the commission.
accept commission and outsource to a pro here.....wont make as much but, YOU keep the client.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
I went to www.day2.ru (on the picture) and it is really impressive for sure
(I just deleted my message before). Yes so and done with 3ds+Vray apparently...(see also http://www.render.ru/)
cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
I bet you need skills to do that.The only think i can think of is to do the whole project in archicad with no objects what so ever and try to render the building with artlantis to bring the lighting as close to reality as possible and then do the rest with image editing software (add furniture people etch) but i m not sure about the results i beleive that objects will be floating and what about shadows on the obects?I beleive im in trouble.The other solution is to make the model and find someone with good renedring skills to do the rest for me but how much will it cost me and where can i find one?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:
You should feel sure that you can achieve that before accepting the commission.
accept commission and outsource to a pro here.....wont make as much but, YOU keep the client.
Thats something really interesting but the only thing that concerns me is money.Because in greece money dont have the same value compared to UK lets say due to the cost of living so i dont know how much an architect is getting paid lets say for 8 good renderings of a model in other countries and dont know if the money im going to get are enough to pay only the renderings.Need your opinion on that!
Rakela Raul
Participant

Thats something really interesting but the only thing that concerns me is money.Because in greece money dont have the same value compared to UK lets say due to the cost of living so i dont know how much an architect is getting paid lets say for 8 good renderings of a model in other countries and dont know if the money im going to get are enough to pay only the renderings.Need your opinion on that!

get a clear / transparent / full scope of work and ask an estimate to the pros here.
with the most convenient estimate you can deal with your client and make a little commission out of that job,,and during the process you can learn something as well....
If i were to outsource a task, i would give it to somebody here, we have pros and serious artist in atalk.
I had the honor to meet Dwight Atkinson in person and i wouldnt hesitate to work with him.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
kritikos79 wrote:
Note the web address on the render you posted - .ru = russia - don't worry about the UK - why not try finding someone in Russia/Poland/Hungry (i listed those countries as I've seen alot of good renders from people who come from there) to do the renders?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:

... i would give it to somebody here, we have pros and serious artist in atalk.
I had the honor to meet Dwight Atkinson in person and i wouldnt hesitate to work with him.
Or that