Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering is Missing Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 22 and Cinerender. I have custom settings setup. The perspective shows everything that I want, yet my rendering seems to be missing trees, window mullions, window shades (which are showing in shadow and window reflection). What's up Graphisoft?

Any advise would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
felcunha
Expert
Hello,
I've seen that too.
Can't remember what was the solution, but try to change the glass material for another one provided in the library. Maybe it's the reflection settings who need to be tweaked.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sounds like you don't have enough Ray Depth (and Reflection Depth) set up.

If you go in to Detailed Settings for Cinerender, go to Options > General Options.

Here you can set Ray Treshold, Ray Depth and Reflection Depth.

Ray Treshold is percentage that controls as a cut off for brightness. Rays that fall below the treshold will not be considered for reflections.

Ray Depth and Reflection Depth have a counter for layers of transparancy. It sets how many layers the rays will pass through to show transparancy and to show reflections on the transparant surface. So a setting of 3 would allow the rays to pass through a single solid glass surface and show what is behind this. For this reason you want something around 12-15 generally, to allow it to pass through several layers of glass and show your alpha channel transparancy on the trees.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Much appreciated Erwin. Due to a time constraints I ended up rendering two images and photoshopping a hybrid. One was with the window glass and one without. An empty window allowed me to see the details on the other side, which points out your suggestion. I will certainly try Ray Tracing tonight though. It would be a great issue to know how to solve, for the future or to help others. Thank you, once again. - Jakub