Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering of the Month - Congratulations Francois

Karl Ottenstein
Just came across the September Rendering of the Month page ...
http://www.graphisoft.com/community/gallery/

Congratulations to Francois Chatelain for a fantastic collection of photorealistic images. Beautiful work!!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanx Karl.

I was already a close contender for last month's one, and GS decided to resubmit my entries for this month's vote and voila.
Getting the new T-shirt will spare me going shopping as summer's kicking in Down Under 😉
Cheers

Francois
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Karl wrote:
Just came across the September Rendering of the Month page ...
http://www.graphisoft.com/community/gallery/

Congratulations to Francois Chatelain for a fantastic collection of photorealistic images. Beautiful work!!

Karl
Couldn't agree more.. These images are just fantastic.. Francois has paid attention to some really nice detail in his images.

Great work Francois! Keep up the good work..
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
François,

Very cool renderings of some very nice buildings. It is very refreshing to see ArchiCad used to design "Modern" buildings for a modern world rather than neo-buildings designed for Disneyland.

Congratulations

Shaun
Anonymous
Not applicable
François,

Very cool renderings of some very nice buildings. It is very refreshing to see ArchiCad used to design "Modern" buildings for a modern world rather than neo-buildings designed for Disneyland.

Congratulations

Shaun
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

thanx for the kind comments, I'm blushing all over now.
I don't know what to say, I'd like to thank my mum, my....
err sorry, I was daydreaming 😉
Seriously though, I'm lucky enough to be working for some of Sydney's finest designers and it's always a bonus when I get a job from them because I know I'll be able to produce nice images given the design is good and simple to start with. As I always say, it's a lot easier to make a good design look good, than an average one.
Cheers

Francois
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very Beautiful and inspiring Images. I was wondering if they were rendered in Artlantis or another rendering program.

Thanks
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Ola wrote:
Very Beautiful and inspiring Images. I was wondering if they were rendered in Artlantis or another rendering program.

Thanks
He's using Electicimage to render with. Check out his homepage. He has done some really nice work. Just click on the www link at the bottom of his post to get to his homepage..

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Thomas Holm
Booster
Fantastic, Francois!

Some of them are perhaps even too realistic: This one (right side, third from top) for instance - you know the feeling, in a more or less unknown hotel room, being a little sick after having slept for just one hour and a half after last night's too joyful party, but already late for the important 8 a.m. meeting, getting out of the shower you find that the floor is just too slippery to walk straight on, you fall down to crawl on all four, you hurt your knee, and getting just a little more sick you...

Or is this kind of post unappropriate for the forum, Djordje?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
I like the story, Thomas. 😉 But seriously, I think the dogs-eye view in that image adds drama (and emphasizes some very nice textures and lighting effects) to a room that might look rather plain and boring if viewed from a 'normal' human viewpoint. I like it! What do you all think?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!