BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering problems with Lightworks in AC 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi girls & guys!
Got a bit of a problem when trying to render a project in Lightworks. The project is rather large, with 64 houses and 5000KB. (The houses are all modules, which should make it manageable).
But AC11 either crashes or claims "not enough memory to render the project".
I've closed all unneeded layers - and for safety - deleted all the empty ones too.
I thought I had plenty of power and memory with a Dell Precision 690, Dual 3 GHz Xeon 4 GB of RAM and a Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 with 768 MB on board.

Any good ideas ? Thanks in advance.

Jan
10 REPLIES 10
Dwight
Newcomer
It is entirely possible that your model is too large to render with your system, but i suspect that it possesses a corrupted element. [Judy Tenuta: "No man will possess ME!"] It may be possible to isolate the corrupt element: cut the project in half and render. Then the other half. If both sides work alone, then perhaps your resources are inadequate. If only one side works, use your mechanic's mind to isolate and identify a bad element - possibly in the module.

There was an instance of the spanish roof tile elements making a file too large for a PC to render that was easy on my Mac but who can say why this is - when i rendered that model it only ran up to 1800 Mg

The fact that your houses are modules is irrelevant to the rendering challenge. A small file can make a big model. The rendering challenge comes from the final 3D model as it is assembled into planes in the 3D window - executed from your Archicad file. Those house modules simplify your Archicad file because they are made once and called into the model numerous times, but once they are in the 3D model, their planes place the same load on the rendering system as if they were all unique.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight.
I will try that again, this time in smaller bits to locate the possible problem.

A nice day to you.

Jan
Jan wrote:
Hi girls & guys!
Got a bit of a problem when trying to render a project in Lightworks. The project is rather large, with 64 houses and 5000KB. (The houses are all modules, which should make it manageable).
I've closed all unneeded layers - and for safety - deleted all the empty ones too.
I thought I had plenty of power and memory with a Dell Precision 690, Dual 3 GHz Xeon 4 GB of RAM and a Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 with 768 MB on board.

Jan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again Dwight.

You were right, the file is too large to be rendered with Lightworks. In smaller bits it works allright.
But the problem is I, have to present the whole lot in photorealistic pictures. Would Artlantis Studio 2.0 be a good idea or would you use another program.

Thanks again for your advice.

Jan
Jan wrote:
Hi girls & guys!

Jan
Dwight
Newcomer
Artlantis 2.0: You, You, You!!!
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I share Dwights enthousiasm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Djordje.

'cause it's not a secret. So here you have a couple.

Jan

Much obliged guys. Thanks for speedy and enlightening replyes.

Very good forum.

Jan

Dwight wrote:
Artlantis 2.0: You, You, You!!!

15301 Dragsholm-3.jpg
Djordje
Ace
Let's see the rendering, if it is not a secret?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
Jan wrote:
Hi again Dwight.

You were right, the file is too large to be rendered with Lightworks.
Too large for your computer, rather.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, you are absolutely right about the trees, but I would like to keep 'em.

Still thinking about the renderprogram. Will probably end up buying Artlantis in the nearest future.

'ave a nice day.

Jan

Hi again guys.

And this is the lot I wanted to render.

Jan
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!